The Standing Conference on University Teaching and Research in the Education of Adults (SCUTREA) and the Universities Association for Lifelong Learning (UALL) are holding a joint conference on June 6th - 9th 2022 hosted by the University of Glasgow’s Centre for Research & Development in Adult and Lifelong Learning (CR&DALL).
At this collaborative conference, bringing together practitioners, activists, policy makers and academics from around the globe, we will be looking forward, as well as marking significant milestones – in particular the 50th anniversary of SCUTREA.
The focus of the conference is on research, practice and policy with innovation at its heart. Submissions for papers, workshops and posters are particularly welcome on the following themes:
- Lifelong Learning for a changing world, including:
- shifting practice responding to new priorities of governments
- imperatives for different forms of LLL and adult education
- the role of place and knowledge exchange
- innovations arising from the global pandemic
- Inclusivity and Social Justice, including:
- addressing the needs of different groups through responsive practices
- innovations in access, engagement and participation
- changing learning environments and technologies
- Sustainable futures, including
- innovative practices that address the challenges facing society
- new ways, modes, and areas of study
- new partnerships to innovate and engage adults and lifelong learners
How to submit your proposals
Paper presentations: please submit a short version of your paper, of up to 1000 words, including an abstract of up to 100 words. Those accepted to present papers will be invited to submit a full paper for consideration for publication in special issues of the following journals:
- International Review of Applied Economics (Taylor & Francis)
- Journal of Adult and Continuing Education (Sage)
- Widening Participation and Lifelong Learning (Open University)
Workshops: please send an abstract of up to 300 words detailing the aims of your workshop and the ways in which you will engage participants in interaction.
Showcase: please send a proposal on what you would showcase, and how it relates to a theme. This could be a poster session or another means of sharing best practice with colleagues.
The European Society for Research on the Education of Adults (ESREA) are holding a pre-conference on June 6th, organised by their Migration, Transnationalism and Racisms Network on ‘Contextualising racism and migration: time, place and generational perspectives in anti-racist praxis’. For details of the submission requirements for ESREA please visit: https://esrea.org/networks/migration-transnationalism-and-racisms/
Please send abstracts and proposals for SCUTREA, UALL and ESREA to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2022. For ESREA please state clearly that they are for the ESREA Pre-conference.