In the next online event of the Lifelong Education Commission, the Secretary of State for Education Gavin Williamson, will discuss the Government's White Paper 'Skills for jobs: lifelong learning for opportunity and growth'.
The Rt. Hon. Chris Skidmore MP and Phillip Blond (Director, ResPublica) will join the Secretary of State to foster a conversation on key elements of the White Paper and how the Government's strategy will be implemented.
Key talking points:
- What are the main barriers to reforming the funding mechanism for lifelong learning?
- How can true flexibility be instilled in the system, especially in the age of remote learning?
- In what way can SMEs benefit from and have a greater role in the lifelong learning cycle?
- Why an emphasis on lifelong education is key to address inequalities and provide a better future to those who are left behind
- How lifelong education relates to the Levelling Up agenda and the turnaround of disadvantaged places.
The event will be online on Wednesday 26th May 2021 at 16.15 pm (London time).
Register for your place here