NEW Submission deadline: Friday 25th January!
The UALL Conference panel have decided to extend the deadline for the UALL Call for Papers, Workshop proposals and the UALL Awards by 2 weeks!
Submissions is simple. All you need to do is send all abstracts and proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 25th January.
Call for Papers
Categories and themes:
The Conference will focus on three themes:
- Learning and Place: focusing on where innovation occurs including both the role of learning in responding to innovation and new initiatives linked to place and the way learning is embedded in it, for example, Learning Cities, Towns or Communities, or learning in the changing context of work, leisure, family, travel and tourism
- Transformational Change: focusing on how innovation occurs and the link to Lifelong Learning for example emerging technologies, practice based approaches
- Innovation in Daily Life and Lifelong Learning: focusing on ensuring that innovation is shared by all for example innovative inclusive or accessible responses to learning in work, leisure, travel education
Submissions are invited for papers, workshops and posters in line with one of the conference themes
How to submit your proposals:
Paper presentations: Please submit a short version of your paper, of 1000 words, including an abstract of between 50 - 100 words. Those accepted to present papers will be invited to submit a full paper consideration for publication in a special issue of the journal Widening Participation and Lifelong Learning (Open University)
Workshops: Please send an abstract of between 250 - 300 words detailing the aims of your workshops and the ways in which you will engage delegates
NEW! To the Conference!
For this year, we are putting on a showcasing during the informal dinner on Wednesday 10th April. This can be in the form of poster sessions or mini presentations. Please send in a proposal on what you would showcase, how it relates to a theme and how best this can be achieved. This is open to our delegates AND our Award nominees giving them a chance to showcase the project shortlisted for the UALL Awards.
If you have any queries regarding any of the categories please do not hesitate to send an email and we will help as much as we can.
The submission is based on a maximum of 1200 words and can include suitable images and/ or web links, as you deem appropriate. When submitting you will be asked to apply for a specific award based on one of the four categories. Categories focus on the intended or actual outcome of the activity.
- Category 1: Innovation: this category recognises innovations or creative initiatives that seek to expand Lifelong Learning within the UK
- Category 2: Sustainability: this recognises creative Lifelong Learning initiatives with proven impact and sustainability
- Category 3: Research: this award recognises specific research or evidence-based activity that promote significance of Lifelong Learning
- Category 4: International: this recognises innovative engagement, including partnerships that create change in an international or transnational context
Recognition: There will be an informal welcome evening event on 10th April where UALL will host a showcasing event during the buffet to help delegates promote and discuss their work. During which all our UALL Awards nominees will be given the option to lead mini presentations and discussions with the other delegates about their shortlisted work/ project.
The actual Awards ceremony will be held during the formal conference dinner which will be at the Museum of Enginuity. There will be a chance to visit the interactive exhibition during the drinks ceremony prior to the dinner.
We expect all shortlisted Awards nominees to be present for the ceremony
For information regarding registrations, click here